Friday, January 27, 2012

Fashion Incubator » Blog Archive » What is a tech pack?

Fashion Incubator » Blog Archive » What is a tech pack?: "I’m in the process of planning a series of articles on technical specification packages, in part to explain some of the features of the new PDM Style File software from Patternworks but it should apply across the board. Using the example of Style File makes it easy to do this because of the many different types of reports it will generate -depending on the phase of planning, testing and production. I don’t have another PDM package so I’d be stuck cobbling spreadsheets together. Since spec or tech packs can be so complex, I’d like to break it up into easier to digest chunks. Likewise, every company has different needs. I’m trying to get a cross section of ideas to determine what some/many/most users would or could use for any given phase. Here is an example from the design phase (only), your process may vary.

"

'via Blog this'