Sunday, June 10, 2007

if only




I just maxed out a sweeeeeeeeeet Dell machine, and for only $6,500 CDN, I could either live quite comfortably for about 7 months, or have the following sweet computer:

Dell XPS 710: Intel� Core?2 Q6600 Quad-Core (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB)
Dell High Color 30 inch UltraSharp Widescreen Digital Flat Panel
4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 4 DIMMs
1TB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache
2 DVD drives : 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x DVD+/-RW w/ dbl layer write capable
768MB NVIDIA 8800GTX
Sound Blaster� X-Fi? XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
Physics Accelerator: AGEIA� PhysX� physics accelerator
TV Tuners and Remote Controls: ATI Theater 650 PRO Combo Analog/Digital TV Tuner w/Remote Control
Dell WL6000 5.8GHz Wireless Rear 5.1 Speaker System with Subwoofer
Logitech Quickcam Fusion Webcam
Laser Printer 1720DN
4 Year Next Business Day Onsite/In Home Service and Tech Support


Wow, that would be a sweet Quad-Core machine, with 30" display, 4GB RAM, 1TB of Disk. Mmm.

I like to do this from time to time, it's fun to imagine what I could have, and then I'm satiated. Ahh.

I used to do this with Apple computers all the time, but you know, after that whole thing where Steve Jobs switched to Intel after telling us for so long how hot the G5s were, I just lost my respect for him, and will never buy another Apple again. That includes the way overhyped iPhone.