Sunday, October 13, 2013

The History of the "Boo-Dah-Ling" Sound

The History of the "Boo-Dah-Ling" Sound: "I then fired up SoundEdit 16, and set it to record from the SW1000XG's internal interface. I hit play in MIDIGraphy, and let it all roll. When it was done, I hit stop in SoundEdit 16, and saved the result. I then carved up the full-length recording into individual sections, one for each sequence and instrument, with names like: 358-kalimba, 358-pizzicato, 418-kalimba, 418-marimba, 481-kalimba, etc. This was tedious, and I probably could have geeked out some more and automated it somehow, but it's not like it too very long in all. I ended up eliminating the Koto, as I was not happy with the sound, so I ended up with 4 instruments and several note sequences, saved as AIFF files. Here is the complete list:"

'via Blog this'