Saturday, May 05, 2007

BPEL and BPMN




Hmm, I've been doing some more research on BPEL (Business Process Execution Language and BPMN (Business Process Modeling Notation) and they just seem so huge and bloated for what I want to do. Isn't it possible to have something simpler to describe the simple pipelines that I want?

I wonder if it would be possible to have the computing resources and data represented as REST, and then have a whole bunch of ways to interact with the data and resources via whatever programming language that you want.

It's really important to be able to do this in any programming language that you want, after learning about the GData API, for interacting with Blogger via Emacs, I'm a big fan of doing it via these public RESTful APIs, I just am not sure how to tie this all in together.