Tuesday, April 24, 2007

cmdbioscience



Neato, CMD Bioscience, one of the companies that I'm consulting for, just launched their website. It's been a really interesting project, I did a bunch of work transforming their Perl code for Affinity into production code, and now I'm working on doing the same for Transcend.

They have some interesting ideas for how to score target/ligand dockings for proteins and peptides, these ideas are in Affinity. Transcend is their program to improve protein/protein and protein/peptide dockings.

It's been interesting to get back into Perl, during the day I work in a whole range of languages, Perl, Ruby, Javascript, Lisp and C. I love seeing the similarities and differences between these languages. Perl and Ruby have a lot in common, Ruby took a lot of it's syntax from Perl, and this makes Ruby a nice language to get things done quickly, maybe not so quickly as Perl, but still quite quickly.