Thursday, March 03, 2005

Wow. I got an iPod Shuffle last weekend, and I love it. I absolutely love it. so light, so small, perfect for someone like me who likes having lots of music, and music when travelling by bike and foot.

It has a great interface, with two circles, the inner one is pause/play and the outer one has volume in the vertical direction and forward reverse with the other. on the back is a slider with off/play/shuffle positions, although it's tricky to get it into "play", it just wants to "shuffle". the other is a battery indicator button and light.

however, what the iPod shuffle needs is one more little button, a button you can press to increase the ranking of the song. or, a rocker, to increase and decrease it. have it just in 5 steps, to make it simple, and if you could have some cute way of indicating the selection on the main LED that would be great. the main LEDs are underutilized anyways, but we are dealing with humans here. i would love to have the name of the song spelled out it morse code, for instance. ok, i was joking there.

Having this iPod Shuffle has made me realize that I don't really need a display, the intro of the song can function as the display. interesting. works well with 512MB, but 1GB might be more of a stretch. still, at work I have 15GB that I shuffle through randomly, so it's possible.