Friday, October 05, 2012

Code Review with Gerrit, a mostly visual guide

Code Review with Gerrit, a mostly visual guide: "A while ago, when Paul, Jason and I worked together, I became a big fan of code reviews before merging code. It was no surprise really, we were the first to adopt Git at the company and our workflow was quite ad-hoc, the need to federate knowledge within the group meant code reviews were a pretty big deal. At the time, we mostly did code reviews in person by way of "hey, what's this you're doing here?" or by literally sending patch emails with git-format-patch(1) to the team mailing list so all could participate in the discussion about what merits "good code" exhibited versus "less good code." Now that I've left that company and joined another one, I've found myself in another small-team situation, where my teammates place high value on code review. Fortunately this time around better tools exist, namely: Gerrit."

'via Blog this'