Monday, April 13, 2009

4051




My mind was just blown. I just learned about the 4051 analog multiplexer/demultiplexer. You can read tons of analog inputs with just a single analog pin on the Arduino. And it's less than a buck for surface mount and $5 for through hole mount at digikey.ca.

There is so much to learn, and it's so fun and cool!

So, I could have like 30 antennas on my electronic theremin capactive sensing device?

I was on a bike ride this weekend, and I was looking at the flowers and thinking that a sculpture that looked like lobelia would be a really neat interface to play. Cascading gardens of flowers, all making music as you walk through it.

This, combined with that video I just posted of the sparks coming out of the guys fingers on the multitouch display. How about that combined with the electronic theremin? You move in the space and the screen explodes in colours as you approach the petals and stamens, which are the antennas.

Wow. It is a very exciting time.