Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Rewriting My ‘Guaranteed Callbacks’ Code With jQuery Deferred | ThoughtStream.new :derick_bailey

Rewriting My ‘Guaranteed Callbacks’ Code With jQuery Deferred | ThoughtStream.new :derick_bailey: "Then a few of my friends started talking about jQuery’s “deferred” objects and “promises”. I had heard of this previously but had not bothered to learn it. When I finally decided to dig in to it, this morning, I found that it was a much more robust implementation of what I had just written. I found a good article that helped me understand it better, and began working on an update for Marionette to use deferred objects instead of my own code. Addy Osmani also wrote a really good article on MSDN, which sheds even more light on how these work and how to work with them.

"

'via Blog this'