Monday, February 13, 2012

Blog @SoftPoetry: Streaming JavaScript is still Great! Use It!

Blog @SoftPoetry: Streaming JavaScript is still Great! Use It!: "So back in January 2009 I was advocating splitting your codebase up into different functions, where you can stream in different logic bit by bit as required. This was due to support explosion of smart phones which didn't have the bandwidth or processing power desktop computers had.

It's been over 3 years since supporting this pattern, and I've honestly had very little to complain about, but I figured I'd highlight two of the negatives I've come across over the years.
Caching - Anything you stream will not be cached, so you'll have to cache the JavaScript yourself.
Bugs - As this isn't a practiced design pattern in the world of web programming, browser vendors don't always check for it before pushing out an update.
"

'via Blog this'