Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Observing the User Experience



A very interesting looking book: Observing the User Experience: A Practitioner's Guide to User Research

I'm really getting into UX lately. It's so important, and gets ignored most of the time, it's hard nowadays, because you need people with so many different talents on your development team, from a designer, to a user experience expert, XHTML/CSS coder, Javascript coder, Backend programmer (Ruby if you're lucky), SQL expert, Testing team, system administrator, Sales and Marketing team, Customer Support, and a CEO to bring it all together. How can you get something done quickly with a small team?

I tried to do some projects just by myself, this isn't enough people. I think maybe 5 people is the perfect size, but it might not be enough. Perhaps 3 at the core, and have people in remote locations helping with other tasks? It's so hard to coordinate remote teams and to get them all on the same page.

It's a mystery, one that I would love to solve. I want to live out in the country and still do great work.

I am here:


And I want to work with people all over here: