Thursday, November 09, 2006

You offer the Amulet of Yendor to Anhur... An invisible choir sings, and you are bathed in radiance...--More--

Oh sweet. Wow. I'm so happy! My first ascension of this years nethack tournament. It did not look good at all, when I got there, I went to the left, and Pestilence was there. He killed me three times, I was applying my unicorn horn, but nothing was happening, and I really thought I was done for. I had no amulets of life saving left, and I totally thought I was going to die. Then, I took a night off to reflect and ponder strategy, backed up and rubbed my magic lamp, luckily, I got a tame djinn, and he gave me a wish, which of course was for an amulet of lifesaving.

Then, when I had gone backwards, towards the right, Pestilence followed me, and for some reason, he went into the door of the middle room. I was able to slip past him and make it to the altar. Unfortunately, it was Lawful, and I a chaotic Eleven Sorceress was sad out of luck. I was totally ganged up on, and was down to 28 hit points, getting attacked from all sides. Again, I took a night off, and thought about strategy. I read a post about how good a ring of conflict was on the Astral Plane, I have always eschewed them, since I had a bad experience once on the Astral Plane where I was wearing it as I went into the plane and my Angel attacked me. So, I decided to wear the ring of conflict, and it was the best decision ever. Everyone starting attacking everybody else, mostly, but I had so few hit points, that I died again, using up my amulet of life saving. With no protection against an untimely death, I hightailed it out of the altar room. No one followed me, so I was safe in the anteroom. I spent some time using my magic marker to make scrolls of charging, as I had used all the charges on my wands of teleportation.

After that, I made a dash to the right, dodging Famine the whole way. It was the Neutral Altar! Drat! So, I made it back to the central room. Someone kindly killed Death for me, and Pestilence went off to the left, so I made a mad dash for the altar and...

You offer the Amulet of Yendor to Anhur... An invisible choir sings, and you are bathed in radiance...--More--

The voice of Anhur thunders: "Congratulations, mortal!"--More--

"In return for thy service, I grant thee the gift of Immortality!"--More--

You ascend to the status of Demigoddess...--More--

Do you want your possessions identified? [ynq] (n) y

You were lucky.
You had extra luck.
Good luck did not time out for you. Anhur was angry with you.
You survived after being killed 6 times.
You genocided 13 types of monsters.
You used 7 wishes.

Goodbye sness the Demigoddess...

You went to your reward with 3068060 points,
Magicbane (worth 3500 zorkmids and 8750 points)
Stormbringer (worth 8000 zorkmids and 20000 points)
Trollsbane (worth 200 zorkmids and 500 points)
The Eye of the Aethiopica (worth 4000 zorkmids and 10000 points)
The Bell of Opening (worth 5000 zorkmids and 12500 points)
9 emeralds (worth 22500 zorkmids),
8 rubies (worth 28000 zorkmids),
6 black opals (worth 15000 zorkmids),
6 jade stones (worth 1800 zorkmids),
5 chrysoberyl stones (worth 3500 zorkmids),
5 amethyst stones (worth 3000 zorkmids),
4 jacinth stones (worth 13000 zorkmids),
4 aquamarine stones (worth 6000 zorkmids),
4 garnet stones (worth 2800 zorkmids),
4 obsidian stones (worth 800 zorkmids),
3 diamonds (worth 12000 zorkmids),
3 turquoise stones (worth 6000 zorkmids),
3 agate stones (worth 600 zorkmids),
2 amber stones (worth 2000 zorkmids),
2 fluorite stones (worth 800 zorkmids),
1 dilithium crystal (worth 4500 zorkmids),
1 sapphire (worth 3000 zorkmids),
1 topaz stone (worth 900 zorkmids),
1 opal (worth 800 zorkmids),
1 jasper stone (worth 500 zorkmids),
1 amulet of life saving (worth 150 zorkmids),
and 0 pieces of gold, after 54833 moves.
You were level 21 with a maximum of 181 hit points when you ascended.

6 3068060 sness-Wiz-Elf-Fem-Cha ascended to demigoddess-hood. 82 [181]

Sweet!