Monday, March 20, 2006

I thought up a really neat new application for Google Maps,
to show the path of eclipses, however, it's already been
done , and quite well.

Still, Google Maps is a little slow, especially with these extra features,
it's a fine line between lots of great features and being too slow.

I was reading an article The Surpring Truth about Ugly Websites, and one
of the good points they make is that people often
want a simple website, so for the new Google Maps
with GIS developments I'm working on, I'm thinking
about having a number of pages that show different
things in a simple way, and well. Navigate to the
different pages with links off of a main page, and
have it all run with Ruby on Rails underneath, so that
I don't have to do a lot of coding for each individual
case.