Thursday, February 28, 2013

Resurgence in Neural Networks - tjake.blog

Resurgence in Neural Networks - tjake.blog: "If you’ve been paying attention, you’ll notice there has been a lot of news recently about neural networks and the brain. A few years ago the idea of virtual brains seemed so far from reality, especially for me, but in the past few years there has been a breakthrough that has turned neural networks from nifty little toys to actual useful things that keep getting better at doing tasks computers are traditionally very bad at. In this post I’ll cover some background on Neural networks and my experience with them. Then go over the recent discoveries I’ve learned about. At the end of the post I’ll share a sweet little github project I wrote that implements this new neural network approach."

'via Blog this'