Sunday, June 10, 2007

space station and cryosleep




Ahh, such nice media today, I'm listening to NASA TV with the STS-117 docking to the space station on the laptop (siddhidatri) and Cryosleep on my desktop (bhairavi).

I was laying on my bed, visualizing first that I'm on the planet earth, and it's floating through the galaxy, so I'm on spaceship Gaia, surrounded by the infinite void of space. Then, I was visualizing me as the entire galaxy. Then, visualizing myself as the whole of creation, with this Big Bang just a few fleeting seconds.

If you close your eyes in a darkened room, sometimes you see rings of light and dark going to the centre of your visual field, this is a phenomenon known as Phosphenes, and in this case it's caused by a combination random activity in the neurons in the retina along with the natural processing of these neurons.

Anyways, I was imagining each of these rings of light as a whole Big Bang cycle, expanding outward over billions and trillions of years, yet I was experiencing each of these as just a few seconds.

These kind of meditation exercises are a good way to free your mind.

No drugs are required, it's all in that wonderful mind of yours.