Tuesday, June 12, 2007

gabapentin




Wikipedia article about Gabapentin and another monograph at rxlist.

I kind of miss drug design, I should think about getting back into it. I recently did a project for CMD Bioscience with programming related to drug design, and I had forgotten how interesting it was. I did crystallography for the last 3 years, before that I did some genomics at the BCGSC, but at the start of my career, I did work in docking and drug design.

One of my many current projects structurecloud.com is related to drug design, and I should push it more in that general direction.

The main thing though that bothers me about drug design is the animal testing. I just don't believe in animal testing at all, I know the arguments that in the end, we are doing it to help people, but I just have problems with the idea of hurting animals, even for a good cause.