Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Space Cadet 4000




I love my Microsoft Natural 4000 Keyboard and soon I'm going to be patching my kernel to get all those extra funky keys working.

One thing I didn't like was those labels on the function keys, so one particularily obsessive morning, I sanded down all the labels. Ahhh, much better. Now I have them bound to the following keys in Emacs:


;;
;; Function keys
;;
(global-set-key [f1] 'help)
(global-set-key [f2] 'auto-fill-mode)
(global-set-key [f3] 'kmacro-start-macro-or-insert-counter)
(global-set-key [f4] 'kmacro-end-or-call-macro)
(global-set-key [f5] 'gblogger-new-entry-sness)
(global-set-key [f6] 'planner-create-task-from-buffer)
(global-set-key [f7] 'planner-task-in-progress)
(global-set-key [f8] 'planner-task-done)
(global-set-key [f11] 'compile)
(global-set-key [f12] 'recompile)


I've always been a fan of the Space Cadet Keyboard, and I'm thinking that it would be really cool to change the windows "Start" key to "Super" and the Caps Lock key to "Hyper". Mmmm, that just makes me happy thinking of that.

I wonder if there's a good way to put labels onto keys? Perhaps those dry transfer labels? I wonder if there are some with "Super" and "Hyper" on them...