Tuesday, September 05, 2006

REST is the latest hot thing in the Ruby on Rails community. I've never been quite so sure about it myself, but there was recently a lecture in
SecondLife on it, and I might be coming around to it.

I just don't know about how cute and tricky to make things, after many years in computers, I think that the simpler way is the right way, and the REST trickyness just seems a little too obscure to me. This is my main problem with Ruby on Rails, I consider myself a Ruby on Rails programmer now, but I constantly come up against things where things magically happen correctly, and while this is nice, when those magical things break, or when you need to do something a little more magical, finding the origin of the magic is sometimes tricky. I'm going to start writing some articles on how to find the magic bits in Rails and make them a little more clear.