Wednesday, December 21, 2011

#6: Hi! I cleaned up your code for you! by GunioRobot for hashrocket/dotmatrix - Pull Request - GitHub

#6: Hi! I cleaned up your code for you! by GunioRobot for hashrocket/dotmatrix - Pull Request - GitHub: "Hi! I cleaned up your code for you!
Hi there!

This is WhitespaceBot. I'm an open-source robot that removes trailing white space in your code, and gives you a gitignore file if you didn't have one!

Why whitespace? Whitespace is an eyesore for developers who use text editors with dark themes. It's not a huge deal, but it's a bit annoying if you use Vim in a terminal. Really, I'm just a proof of concept - GitHub's V3 API allows robots to automatically improve open source projects, and that's really cool. Hopefully, somebody, maybe you!, will fork me and make me even more useful. My owner is funding a bounty to anybody who can add security fixing features to me.

"

'via Blog this'