Sunday, December 16, 2007

google vs microsoft




A good article at The New York Times about Google and Microsoft battling it out.

Go Google!

As a fervent Free Software proponent, I used to not be too fond of Microsoft, but now I see that by making standards in hardware, they actually were the ones that created a field where Linux could develop and prosper.

All I know is that I personally try to use only Free Software everywhere. Over the years there have just been too many times when I got really comfortable in a certain software program, only to have it taken away from me after the company failed, or I had to use a different software platform.

The software I use now is all Free Software, and I know that everything I learn I'll be able to use in 20 years from now, and this makes me want to learn the software more and more deeply.

The software I use 99% of the time:

Emacs
Linux
zsh
enlightenment-0.16
urxvt
ssh
Ruby on Rails
Firefox
Marsyas
xv
opera (not free)

All of this software I've modified and have it working really well together. I have a sweeeeet setup.