Monday, January 15, 2007

Wow, Hawaii was so beautiful! I had a great time there, really great, it was such a welcome relief from the cold of the winter here on the west coast of Canada, just this soothing ocean breeze, so gentle and warm. I even got a bit of a suntan. :)

Here's the view from our hotel room, the first room was at the Ewa end of Waikiki, which means East when you are in Honolulu. Diamond Head means West, towards the Diamond Head volcano, and Ewa is East, towards Ewa Beach.



Each morning I would get up early, before the rest of the family and would go down for an early morning yoga stretch and pushups, and then would walk barefoot way down Waikiki beach.



It was so beautiful, the water was so warm, pure and clear. I took a zoomed in photo of the water coming in, I got the photo, but I also got wet, about 2 seconds after this photo was taken.



Imagine me here, barefoot, in cutoffs, sandals in hand.



You get a really nice view of the extinct Diamond Head volcano when walking along Waikiki beach.



One morning, I hiked up Diamond Head and took a picture of Waikiki beach.