Sunday, May 28, 2006

corkd.com is a great new web 2.0 website built on Ruby on Rails and looks fantastic. I've just learned that it's the collaboration of two people, Dan Cederholm and Dan Benjamin. That's one of the great things of Ruby on Rails, it allows very small teams to do extraordinary work.

Recently, they both posted an entry on their blogs telling about how they designed corkd.com. Fascinating reading, to hear the story from both their points of view.

This process, of a very small team creating good websites with Ruby on Rails is very similar to what I've found building my new website LoveMyGarden.net. It's been about three months now, and in that time, I've learned Ruby on Rails and have implemented almost everything I planned to have in the site, and more. We should be launching in a couple weeks. I'll let you know when it goes live.